Logistics of Implementing Radiology Clinical Decision Support Strategy, Part 1
Recorded September 15, 2015 | 11:00 a.m. EDT
This webinar focuses on creating a holistic strategy for Radiology Clinical Decision Support. Your strategy requires a methodical technical, operational, clinical and behavioral methodology to ensure efficiency, easy physician adoption, ordering behavioral change, and ultimately optimal reimbursement. In part 1, we will focus on the pre-planning aspects of your strategy.
Here's what you'll learn:
- Understand the details of the radiology clinical decision support mandate
- Decide to use CMS approved rules or become a physician-led entity
PLANNING & STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT:
- Customize a CDS strategy that is right for your organization
- Manage CDS for inpatient and outpatient, imaging centers and non-affiliated clinics
- Leverage data in your EMR for CDS
- Plan for clinical and technical CDS training (use, analysis and rule creation)
- Establish end-user workflow while maintaining physician adoption
- Configure CDS for optimal provider efficiency
- Leverage data for behavioral ordering change
- Current and future-state workflow analysis
- Procedure mapping to ensure rule-firing criteria
- Rule customization and localization and facilitate accreditation of physician-led entities
- Integration and rule testing
Who should attend?
Hospitals, Integrated Delivery Networks and Imaging Centers:
Decision Support Director
Chief Medical Officer
Chief of Radiology/Imaging
Chief Information Officer
Chief Medical Informatics Officer
Stephen Herman, MD
Chief Medical Officer & Founder, MedCurrent
Dr. Herman has served for over thirty years as a thoracic radiologist. Trained at the University of Toronto and Harvard University, Dr. Herman is currently an Associate Professor at the University of Toronto Faculty of Medicine where he also served as head of Thoracic Imaging. He has over fifty articles in medical journals and has lectured at national and international radiology-related conferences on numerous occasions. Dr. Herman is also Founder and Chief Executive Officer of MedCurrent, a leading radiology decision support company.
Hasan Dharamshi, MHI
VP Professional Services, MedCurrent
With deep experience in healthcare informatics, strategy, clinical operations, and organizational readiness, Hasan Dharamshi brings a wealth of integrated healthcare knowledge to the MedCurrent team. Prior to joining MedCurrent, Hasan served as a consultant at Accenture, where he was responsible for the strategy and execution of clinical change management and organizational readiness surrounding EMR implementations at a top-tier U.S. cancer and research hospital and a large U.S. health system, accounting for over 30,000 end-users. Hasan also served as a consultant at HealthTech Consultants, where he was responsible for analyzing current/future state client needs for IT strategic planning initiatives. Hasan received his Masters of Health Informatics from the University of Toronto, and a Bachelors of Science from Western University.